Crowns: We Have You Covered
If you’re self-conscious about cracked, broken, decayed, or worn teeth, we can bring back your healthy, natural-looking smile with dental crowns, also called caps. A crown can return structure, strength, and function to a tooth with extensive decay or damage. Designed to fit snugly and function as a healthy tooth, a crown will protect your tooth from further damage and preserve the jaw’s correct natural alignment.
We use precious metal, porcelain pressed (or fused) to metal, or all-porcelain crowns. To maintain a fully white smile, we recommend all-ceramic crowns. Our precise color-matching system allows us to find the right shade of porcelain to blend with your natural tooth color. Porcelain crowns are also extremely durable and long lasting, and these benefits make them popular with dentists as well as patients.
Typically, we can design, fit, and place your crowns in just a couple of short appointments. Once a crown is placed, you can care for it as you do your natural teeth. Conscientious brushing twice a day and daily flossing will protect the base of your crown from bacterial growth. Be sure to see us at least two times each year for professional cleanings and a preventive exam, too.
FIXED OPTIONS FOR REPLACEMENT
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CROWNS:
FULL METAL CROWNS
• Functionally good, Biocompatible
• Drawbacks – Not tooth coloured
METAL CERAMIC OR PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL CROWNS
• Have a metal coping inside and an outer layer of ceramiic
• Biocompatible, Tooth coloured
• Drawbacks – After some time a black line can be seen at the gum margin because of the exposure of metal which is underneath the ceramic coping.
ALL PORCELAIN CROWNS
• Functionally good, Biocompatible, esthetics is very good.
• Marginal fit is very good.
• Since it is all ceramic so their is no chance of any black margin on the gum margin because of metal
• Strongest material available in the field of dentistry
• Exceptional strength, Exceptional esthetics
• Outstanding marginal fit
• Patient has a crooked tooth
• If patient does not want orthodontic treatment then she can correct it by getting the tooth RCT treated and placing a cap over it
• Crown will be exactly identical to a tooth which is in normal occlusion
• Treatment time – 1 day
• More economical and less time
• The front two teeth of the patient are large and outwardly placed as compared to other teeth
• Root canal therapy done and caps placed over it
• Teeth came in ideal alingnment without the requirement of braces
• Treatment time – 1 day
• More economical